Thursday, February 28, 2013

Beach, Bikes, and Bartering

Last Sunday we finally took a trip to Tel Aviv. 8:30am to 9:30pm we were going going going. It was refreshing to finally have a trip with no lectures, no dirt tels, and no schedule! We had complete freedom. As soon as we jumped out of the vans, a complete view of the Mediterranean was right in front of us. The coast was just too much to resist. Feet were leaping out of shoes and people ran fully dressed into the water. Not aware that we were swimming I didn't bring my swimsuit and my desire to swim was not as great as my desire to enjoy the rest of the day without soggy jeans and sand in my shoes. Don't you worry though, I did borrow a pair of shorts so I could at least get in the water. 
Bartering for jewelry at the flea market in Tel Aviv

We biked all over the coast for 3 hours, definitely the best way to see Tel Aviv. We even went a little crazy and got two tandem bikes. That was an adventure working those, pretty sure we ran into a pole every time someone new got on.                  


At the coast right when we got off the bus. Could not love life more right now. 

Walking through an alleyway in old Jaffa 




1 comment:

  1. I miss that beautiful, glowing smile of yours!!! SO HAPPY you get to have these types of experiences, how incredible!

    ReplyDelete