Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snow Snow Wherever I Go

Hello friends! Today is my first full day in Jerusalem and it is FREEZING! There's four inches of snow on the ground and it is so snowy you can't even see the Old City outside the windows. They said that it hasn't snowed like this in ten years! Looks like I'm cursed. Just can't get away from the cold no matter where I go! Because the weather is so bad, we are stuck in the center until Saturday when we will hopefully be able to visit the garden tomb. So excited! So far my experience has just consisted of an extremely long plane ride without much sleep, arriving in Israel by using those lovely paper bags on the airplanes that one never hopes to have a use for, and asking over and over again, "What's your name?" "Have I already asked you that?" etc. etc. It's funny now because we all gather together in these group pictures and as the picture is being taken we're asking each others' names. It's definitely a process but I can't wait until I have gotten to know everyone better. The Jerusalem center is incredible! So so beautiful. Unfortunately it isn't exactly made for winter weather like this so there's not one area in the entire place that is warm at the moment. This post isn't the most exciting since not much has happened yet so stay posted for more eventful stories to come! Hope all is well in Utah!

2 comments:

  1. Snow?!?!?! Was not expecting to hear that, it certainly isn't the norm for Jerusalem! I'm glad you're there safely. So sad I didn't get to see you before you left, but grateful you are still kinda-sorta accessible. I miss you. Walking by your apartment without you in it makes me want to cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Snow! Ah I thought I had left that all in Utah but guess not! I'm sad too, I hope you have a great semester though Ash, don't get sick again! Miss you!! Keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete